On Wednesday 9th July we hosted our very first Smokey Eye’s Makeup Course here at Red Bow. We were forever hearing from our ladies ‘I wish I could replicate this look at home!’ well, now you can! We’ve put together a selection of courses all with specialised content. Our first course was teaching how to achieve the ‘Smokey Eye’ look, the interest we received from people was immense and was soon after release fully booked!
With 6 spaces avaliable it’s a reletavley small group which allows for a lot of one to one time with the Make Up Artist and to make friends with the other ladies. The atmosphere was lovely, lots of laughs and cups of tea! Brad’s specialty 😉
The course worked using a replication technique, the makeup artist, in this case Juliette will demonstrate a smokey eye look tailored to the face shape on one half of the face, showing key steps throughout. Then you are given your mirror, make up chart and allowed to borrow any make up you may be missing to recreate the look. All of our ladies came with no make up on and were encouraged to use as much from their own make up bag as possible so that replication of the look at home was achievable without spending lots of money on products we recommend you use.
As the evening went on, everyone had their half face done and the replicated sides looked great, everyone done so well and should be proud of what they achieved. After receiving their Red Bow Makeup School certificate our ladies were asked to fill out a testimonial form, here’s what they had to say:
– Juliette was very friendly & helpful. I came to the course with no knowledge of how to apply the ‘smokey eye’ look & went away feeling confident to use my own make-up to recreate the look. Thanks a million! – Beth
– A great relaxed but really informative evening, lovely staff and ladies. Looking forward to the next course and filling up my make up bag! Thanks for giving me the confidence to do my own makeup! – Billijo
– Enjoyable evening, would highly recommend and would definitely come again, explained different ways of doing the eyes and showed you every step of the way! – Denise
– I really did not know what to expect but I really wanted to come away confident to be able to create the smokey effect on myself. I felt comfortable throughout the evening to ask questions and it was a nice size group. Not only do I feel confident, I came away with knowledge on how to use my own products! Thanks! – Sandra
– I am currently training as a make up artist and came to the course to better my knowledge, I learnt so much much information in the two hours ranging from Makeup and brush hygiene to how to apply make up to different eye shapes and everything in between, thanks again Juliette and i’m sure i’ll see you on another course again soon! – Emma